Whether you’re nominee, a guest host or just along for the ride, this award’s season has attracted, sparkle, beading, body con and more sequins than you can shake a stick at. From the Critic’s Choice to the SAG awards via the Golden Globes here are 6 of the sparkliest numbers to hit the red carpet so far.
- Alicia Vikander – Is one of my favourite actresses at the moment and is very much in the nominees mix this year due to her starring roles in The Danish Girl and EX Machina. She’s one of the few people who can nail a demure look one minute and Dynasty the next. Absolutely gorgeous!
- Regina King – It takes an unbelievable amount of confidence to rock floor length gold sequins, let alone a cape as well. But confidence she had in abundance that night by the look of it. The striking gold number worked wonders against her skin tone and the classic old school hair style she was rocking allowed the dress to be the main event.
- Viola Davis can do no wrong in my eyes at the moment and is a dazzling vision at fabulous age of 50, in this stunner of a dress by Marchessa. The midnight blue satin clutch was beyond complimentary and her berry lipstick and ample cleavage made her a sight for sore eyes. Wowzerz
- Julianne Moore is a big fan of Tom Ford and always seems to suit those classic full length styles complete with glamorous long sleeves, but most of all I can’t get over the richness of that navy blue. Combined with her signature red locks, she looked incredible at the Golden Globes this year.
- After interviewing Kate Bosworth alongside Erdem at the BFas last year for E! it was then that I realised that this women virtually NEVER put a fashion foot wrong. Dolce’s baby pink sequinned dress is to die for, and I always love a gown that allows your arms and shoulders to be free.
- And last but not least the incredible Sharon Stone – who by the way is nearly 60… I know !! Not many could get away with a body con sequinned dress from the neck to the floor, but at the Critic’s choice awards she did. A quick word to all my young whipper snappers out there, wait your turn, cos this icon Sharon is showing no signs of going anywhere fast.